Elizabeth Taylor Surpasses Michael Jackson as the Highest-Earning Deceased Celebrity
It’s not the most glamorous title to hold, but Elizabeth Taylor is now the highest-earning deceased celebrity. Taylor has surpassed the late Michael Jackson, who she was good friends with, to earn the spot.
Taylor’s estate profited from the actress’ many films, as well as her White Diamonds fragrance sales. She made $210 million, which is $45 million more than Oprah Winfrey who is the highest earning living celebrity.
Joining Taylor and Jackson on the list are Elvis Presley, Bob Marley, Marilyn Monroe and Charles Schulz. Check out the top 10 below.
1. Elizabeth Taylor: $210 million
2. Michael Jackson: $145 million
3. Elvis Presley: $55 million
4. Charles Schulz: $37 million
5. Bob Marley: $17 million
6. John Lennon: $12 million
7. Marilyn Monroe: $10 million
7. Albert Einstein: $10 million
9. Theodor Geisel: $9 million
10. Steve McQueen: $8 million
10. Bettie Page: $8 million