MTV Cancels “Buckwild” One-Week After Star’s Death
MTV has decided to cancel Buckwild.
This decision comes just one week after the show’s star Shain Gandee died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gandee was found dead in his vehicle, along with his uncle and a friend on April 1. The cause of death was said to be carbon monoxide poisoning, due to the car’s tailpipe being covered with mud.
Production of the hit show was suspended following Gandee’s death. The unscripted show was in the middle of shooting the second season. According to multiple sources, only four episodes had been shot at the time of Gandee’s death. A source has confirmed that MTV executives have decided not to move forward with producing any more episodes.
Buckwild was one of the highest-rated shows on MTV.
MTV did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Posted on April 11, 2013, in ENTERTAINMENT NEWS and tagged Buckwild, Carbon monoxide poisoning, death, mtv, Mud bogging, Off-roading, Reality television, West Virginia. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.