Jerry Bruckheimer Says ‘Top Gun 2’ Could Still Happen

 

topgun-tom-cruise

At the Produced By Conference at the Twentieth Century Fox studios in Los Angeles over the weekend, Jerry Bruckheimer revealed that plans for Top Gun 2 were still under consideration.

“For 30 years we’ve been trying to make a sequel and we’re not going to stop. We still want to do it with Tom [Cruise] and Paramount are still interested in making it,” Bruckheimer said. “What Tom tells me is that no matter where he goes in the world, people refer to him as Maverick. It’s something he is excited about so as long as he keeps his enthusiasm hopefully we’ll get it made.” Maverick was the name of Cruise Character in the hit 80s film.

Top Gun’s original director Tony Scott died last August. It was rumor that  he and Cruise were reportedly scouting locations for the sequel before his death, which Paramount wanted to release sometime in 2014.

“I said to Tony, I want to make another movie with him. He and I haven’t made a film since ‘Days of Thunder,'” Cruise told MTV last year, before Scott’s death. “Tony and I and Jerry, we never thought that we would do it again. Then they started to come to us with these ideas of where it is now. I thought, ‘Wow, that would be … what we could do now.'”

Cruise is currently working on the fifth installment of Mission Impossible.

Source- Deadline.com

Posted on June 15, 2013, in ENTERTAINMENT NEWS and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: