Lady Gaga‘s The Fame Monster. This news should come as no surprise given the fact that Gaga has been nominated for just about every award known to man this past year. The Fame Monster sold over 5.8 million copies worldwide during the last 12 months. View the list of the top 10 best-selling albums of 2010 below.
1. Lady GaGa – ‘The Fame Monster’ – 5.8 million
2. Eminem – ‘Recovery’ – 5.7 million
3. Justin Bieber – ‘My Worlds’ – 5.6 million
4. Lady Antebellum – ‘Need You Now’ – 3.6 million
5. Taylor Swift – ‘Speak Now’ – 3.5 million
6. Susan Boyle – ‘The Gift’ – 3.0 million
7. Black Eyed Peas – ‘The E.N.D.’ – 3.0 million
8. Michael Bublé – ‘Crazy Love’ – 3.0 million
9. Sadé – ‘Soldier Of Love’ – 2.3 million
10. Alicia Keys – ‘The Element Of Freedom’ – 2.3 million
After 17 days of smiles, tears, sadness, injuries and triumphant victories, the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics finally came to an end last night, February 28, 2010. The ceremony was filled with performances by Michael Bublé, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette,Neil Young and more. There were even appearances from a giant inflatable moose and beaver. The final medal standings had the United States in first place with 37 medals, Germany in second place with 30 medals and Canada in third place with 26 medals. Overall, the Olympics were quite enjoyable, but the closing ceremony left something to be desired.
Pictures are courtesy the lovely photographers at Getty Images—Cameron Spencer, Kevork Djansezian, Matthew Stockman, Streeter Lecka, Richard Heathcote, Clive Rose, and Jasper Juine.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
This is the official promotional video for the song ‘Everybody Hurts.’ The song features Leona Lewis, Rod Stewart, Miley Cyrus, Mariah Carey,Jon Bon Jovi,Susan Boyle and a host of others. The song is the same as the original version that was recorded by R.E.M. in 1993. This version works because there are a variety different voices singing in the same key and no one is trying outshine the other. The song’s structure wasn’t tampered with and the video focuses more on the footage of Haiti rather than the celebrities themselves.