Reese Witherspoon is red hot in red for the cover of the new issue of Vogue magazine.
In the October 2014 issue, the actress talks about being boxed-into certain roles, being underestimated and more.
On being underestimated: “When people underestimate me, it’s actually a comfortable place for me. Oh, that’s what you think I am; well, no, I’m not. I’m a complex human being. I have many different shades.”
On the sex scene in her new movie: “I just didn’t want to hear, ‘Oh, we don’t want to see Reese have sex…Oh, can we not have any profanity?’ I wanted it to be truthful, I wanted it to be raw, I wanted it to be real.”
“Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but I think there’s a general sense now that I’ve lived a pretty textured life. So many of the things that Cheryl goes through in the book I’ve been through, you know? I’ve been married, I’ve been divorced.”
Brad Pitt covers the October 2014 issue of British GQ.
The newlywed sat down with the magazine to discuss wedded-bliss.
On marriage being more than a title: “I wouldn’t say [marriage is] just a title. There’s more to it than that.”
On pal George Clooney’s being accused of being “unreachable” : “Well, you know, George is extremely accessible. He’s one of our best representatives. He’s funny as sh*t. He’s a joy to be around. I guess maybe I’m more of a miserable b*stard. I’m a bit of a loner you know? I’m more quiet by nature. And coming from, you know, hillbilly country, I’m probably more reserved.”
On how he selects projects: “I’m actually very snobbish about directors. I have to say no all the time. No is the most powerful word in our business. You’ve got to protect yourself. To leave home, it’s got to be worth leaving. It’s got to be worth it.”
On slowing down: “I’ve been slowing down for a while now. And slowly transitioning to other things. And, truthfully, I do want to spend more time with my kids before they’re grown up and gone.”
Demi Lovato is showing her support for women everywhere.
The singer channeled Rosie the Riveter in a new Instagram post.
Lovato can be seen flexing her bicep like Rosie while sporting a red bandana. She captioned the photo, “Gettin’ stronger everyday Be good to your body, and your body will be good to you.”
Lovato is the latest female celeb to channel Rosie. Pink, Beyonce, and Christina Aguilera have all done their own interpretations of the iconic poster.
Charlize Theron gets a little candid in the October 2014 issue of Marie Claire.
The actress took part in the magazine’s “20 Questions” column, and her answers were insightful.
1. What brings you the greatest joy? My son.
2. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? By my mother: Do unto others as you want done to you.
3. What charities do you support? I am a true supporter of humanitarian aid. Emergency-response results in conflict zones are so immediate that I have a real appreciation for people who work in the relief world. I try to integrate my work with the UN and my organization, Africa Outreach Project, to support that.
4. What is not to be missed on TV? Any form of crime show. I’m a sucker for all of them.
5. What’s on your bucket list? Climbing Kilimanjaro.
6. Who do you follow on social media? I don’t follow anybody, but I sometimes check in on Seth MacFarlane’s Twitter account because I find him very funny, and Chelsea Handler’s account. And Steve Martin’s got a good one going, too.
7. What do you wish someone would invent? Something that makes ironing sheets easier. There’s something so nice about crisp, crisp, crisp sheets.
8. What book had a profound effect on you? The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
9. Do you have a secret talent? I’m very, very good at cleaning. I would be an excellent butler.
10. What irrational fears do you have? Fear of flying.
11. Who is your girl crush? Juliette Binoche.
12. What are your vices? My liquor cabinet (always a good wine, a nice Armagnac, and vodka) and starch.
13. What’s your go-to karaoke song? I’ll tell you what my not-go-to karaoke song is. I learned it the hard way. “Danny Boy.” That is a long song.
14. Of the seven deadly sins, which are you guilty of? I’m probably guilty of all of them, but I do think I have a sense of pride that sometimes gets in the way.
15. What would be your last meal? Oh, easy: a good bowl of udon noodles.
16. Favorite restaurant in the world? That’s really tough. Sushi Park in Los Angeles.
17. Favorite hotel? Jesus. Four Seasons Resort in Maldives.
18. How did you make your first dollar? Singing in a plaza in South Africa.
19. What should every woman try at least once in her life? Doing the complete opposite of what you’re told.
20. How would you like to be remembered? For being authentic.
have a sense of pride that sometimes gets in the way.”
Vanessa Williams has found true love.
During an upcoming interview with Queen Latifah, the singer revealed that she’s set to wed Jim Skrip of Buffalo, New York.
“Vanessa, I have been trying to have a conversation with you ladies and gents, but I am blinded by the light coming from that bling ring on your finger,” Latifah says, jokingly.
“Oh sorry darling, Williams said, “I got engaged. I have had a lot of good things happen … I turned 50 when we were in rehearsal on Broadway, I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago. It has been a lot of blessings.”
This episode of Queen Latifah’s talk show airs Tuesday.
Fashion isn’t the only thing Victoria Beckham loves.
The former Spice Girl spoke at the UN in New York City on Thursday,September 25 as she happily accepted her appointment to the UNAIDS team.
“I am proud and honored to be working with UNAIDS in this new role to help to raise resources and awareness to support and empower women and children affected by HIV,” she added.
UNAIDS executive director Michel Sidibe gave his opinion on Mrs. Becjham, saying, “I dream of a generation free from HIV and I know that Victoria’s support will help us to achieve this shared goal. Her creativity, innovation and outreach will amplify our efforts and bring us one important step closer towards ending the AIDS epidemic.”